Annual Scholarships for Certification in Addictions Nursing
Submission Deadline: April 1
ANCB is proud to offer an annual scholarship for a CARN and CARN-AP applicant.
The Carolyn Jewell “Steel Magnolia” Scholarship was initiated in 2018 to memorialize her dedicated work as a Nurse Practitioner in the service of patients with addictions.
The ANCB Members’ Scholarship was initiated in October of 2019, funded annually by Elizabeth Fildes EdD, CARN-AP, PHNA-BC, FIAAN, in honor of three decades of work by ANCB members continuously improving and accredited the certification exam for Addictions Nursing.
The recipients of the scholarships will have the certification exam fee paid to C-NET, our testing company. The recipients will receive a free CARN or CARN-AP pin after passing the exam.
- Meets eligibility requirements for taking the certification exam in Addictions Nursing as described at http://www.cnetnurse.com/carn-and-carn-ap-frequently-asked-questions/.
- Able to sit for the exam by October 1st of the year that scholarship is received.
Please submit following four items using the form below.
- Full name, address, email and employer.
- An essay of approximately 300 words describing your philosophy, vision and reason for seeking Certification. The inclusion of personal reasons and impact of becoming certified on the applicant’s practice are encouraged.
- A letter of recommendation from a colleague or supervisor who can speak to applicant’s addiction work.
- A statement that you attest to your education, practice hours and CEs required to sit for the CARN or CARN-AP exam. For information go to: http://www.cnetnurse.com/carn-and-carn-ap-frequently-asked-questions/.
- Completed Applications must be received by Monday April 1, 2024 .
- Essays will be reviewed in a blind process, anonymously by three ANCB directors including a public member.
- The winner of the Carolyn Jewell “Steel Magnolia” Scholarship and the ANCB Members’ Scholarship will be selected by Monday April 15, 2024 and all applicants and winners will be notified of their status .