Annual Scholarships for Certification in Addictions Nursing
ANCB is proud to offer annual scholarships for CARN and CARN-AP applicants:
- The Carolyn Jewell “Steel Magnolia” Scholarship: initiated in 2018 to honor Carolyn’s dedicated work as a Nurse Practitioner in the service of patients with addictions. Carolyn is a productive leader on the ANCB and spearheaded the successful efforts to gain ABSNC accreditation for both the CARN and CARN-AP certification exams in 2018.
- The ANCB Members’ Scholarship was initiated in October of 2019 in honor of three decades of work by the ANCB members who established, continuously improved and accredited the certification exam for Addictions Nursing. This scholarship is funded by Elizabeth Fildes EdD, CARN-AP, PHNA-BC, FIAAN, FAAN who has worked tirelessly over the years for education, treatment, and funding for addictions nursing in the United States and the Philippines.
The recipients of the scholarships will have the certification exam fee paid to C-NET, our testing company. The recipients will also receive a CARN or CARN-AP pin once passing the certification exam and celebrated at the IntNSA Conference the same year.
statement that you attest that you have the education, practice hours
and CEUs required to sit for the CARN or CARN-AP exam. For information
go to the following website: https://www.cnetnurse.com/faq-carn
- Able to sit for the exam by September 1st of the year that scholarship is received.
II. Application Process:
Please submit following four items to this email address: email@example.com
- Full name, address, email and employer.
- An essay of
approximately 300 words which describes his/her philosophy, vision and
reason for seeking the Addictions Nursing Certification. The inclusion
of personal reasons and the impact of becoming certified on the
applicant’s practice are encouraged.
- A letter of
recommendation from a colleague or supervisor who can speak to the
applicant’s work in the field of Addictions.
- A statement
that you attest that you have the education, practice hours and CEUs
required to sit for the CARN or CARN-AP exam. For information go to the
following website: https://www.cnetnurse.com/faq-carn
III. Application Review:
- Completed Applications must be received at the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 1, 2020.
- All essays will
be placed in a blind review process and judged anonymously by three
ANCB directors including the public member.
- The winner of
the Carolyn Jewell “Steel Magnolia” Scholarship and the ANCB Member
Scholarship will be selected by April 1, 2020 and applicants and winners
will be notified of their status by that date.